APPLY FOR LIMF ACADEMY PROGRAMME 2021-22
Our award-winning music talent development programme returns and applications are now open!
We are on the hunt for 10 of the best unsigned artists, bands and producer-artists aged 16-25 based in Liverpool City Region, to take part.
Since its inception in 2013, the LIMF Academy has saw over 4,450 young artists attend workshops and seminars and perform at a variety of different events. With support from and partnerships with the likes ofBBC Music Introducing, BBC Radio 1Xtra, PRS Foundation, UK Music, Musician’s Union, Help Musician’s UK, Ditto Music, the Academy has grown to become one of the main platforms for developing and showcasing young artists and emerging talent in the region.
With an incredible track record for specifically honing the skills of the best up-and-coming and unsigned music talent, getting access to the Academy’s exclusive masterclasses and insider know-how has been career defining for many of the previous LIMF Academy alumni. Some of these include XamVolo, Michael Aldag, PizzaGirl, Eleanor Nelly, Jaden N’Gonda, Mary Miller, LUNA / Niix and Rvheem.
For those who get on to the programme, they will receive a variety of benefits, including:
- Performance opportunities at Liverpool International Music Festival / LIMF Academy events and other regular showcases
- Monthly masterclass and skill sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities, resilience training and much more
- Free Rehearsal Time
- Paid Membership to the Musician’s Union and PRS For Music
- Free global distribution for their music via Ditto Music
- Mentoring, Advice and Signposting
- Bursaries to help with their careers (between £750-£2,500)
- Access to LIMF Academy partners
- Music making and collaborative opportunities
- Marketing support
On top of this, the three deemed to be ‘most ready’ will get additional support including recording studio time, year-round mentoring and life coaching and the creation of professional assets.
Closing date for applications is 27th September at 19.00.
LIMF Academy partners include Liverpool City Council, BBC Music Introducing, PRS Foundation, Youth Music, Ditto Music and Sentric Music.