* LIMF ACADEMY 20-21 TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME CALL OUT OPEN *
Aimed at artists, bands and producer-artists between the ages 16-25 from across Merseyside, LIMF Academy offers exclusive access to activities and insider know-how from the music industry. For those selected, the Academy provides:
- Financial investment (7 awards of £750 / 3 of £2,500)
- A variety of performance opportunities
- Collaborative EP Project and other music making opportunities
- Access to exclusive monthly masterclasses and workshop sessions with industry experts and practitioners
- Access to the LIMF Academy Takeover, Industry Insight and Networking Events
- 25 hours of FREE rehearsal time
- 12+ hours of mentoring by Industry Professional
- Free distribution
- Free PRS For Music Membership
- FREE Musician’s Union Membership
On top of this, for the three ‘most ready’ artists, producer-artists and/or bands the Academy will also provide:
- A filmed live session
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, EPK and biog
- Performance at LIMF Academy Orchestrated with the Philharmonic Youth Company + other showcases
- 3 days of FREE recording studio time, with A&R support
- Bursary towards live performances and events
- Marketing and PR support for a single campaign
- Year round mentoring by Industry Professional
- Year round coaching by qualified Life Coach
LIMF Academy partners include BBC Introducing, PRS Foundation, Youth Music, PRS For Music, Musician’s Union and Ditto Music.
Complete the online application form HERE to be in with a chance of getting involved.
Be quick, applications close at 5pm on Friday 14 August 2020.
Who are the judging panel?
Judging of applications will happen through three stages. This year’s judging committee includes:
• Yaw Owusu, LIMF Music Curator and Executive Manager of The Playmaker Group
• Kate Gilston, LIMF Academy Project Manager, Culture Liverpool
• Elliot Ryder, Editor Bido Lito! Magazine
• Cath Hurley, Most Deffo / Future Yard
• Kevin McManus, Head of UNESCO City of Music
• Dave Monks, BBC Introducing Merseyside
• Jade Burns, BBC Introducing Merseyside
• Lydiah, Artist / Previous LIMF Academy
• Amique, Artist / Previous Academy
• Representative from PRS Foundation
• Representative from PRS For Music
When will I find out if I’ve got through?
Once the judges have made their decisions, we will let you know by email if you have been successful by Thursday 3 September 2020.
Given the number of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone. Unfortunately, if you haven’t heard back from us after the 3 September you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, if you do want feedback on your application, please get in touch with the LIMF Academy team here: email@example.com.
For more information, contact the LIMF Academy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org