Aimed at artists and bands between the ages of 16-25 from across Merseyside, the LIMF Academy gives them exclusive access to activities, networks and insider know-how from the music industry.
For those selected for the 12 month academy programme we offer:
- Performance opportunities at Liverpool International Music Festival and other regular showcases
- Monthly masterclass sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities and much more
- A bursary to help with their careers
On top of this, for three of the most exceptional artists and bands from the co-hort, we offer a 12 month Elite Talent Development Programme, which includes:
- Additional Financial investment in their career
- A live session for BBC Introducing
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, biogs and EPKs
Monthly masterclass sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities and much more
* Networking opportunities with key industry London
- 12 months of intensive mentoring by an industry professional
- Showcase opportunities to key press and industry in both Liverpool and London plus much more
Since its inception in 2013, the LIMF Academy has saw over 4,250 young artists attend workshops and seminars and perform at a variety of different events. With support from and partnerships with the likes of BBC Music Introducing, BBC Radio 1Xtra, PRSFoundation, UK Music, Musician’s Union and Help Musician’s UK, the Academy has grown to become one of the main platforms for developing and showcasing young artists and emerging talent in the region.
In addition, recognition for the LIMF Academy has spread to the top of the music industry, with LIMF being awarded the coveted Best Festival For Emerging Talent at the UK Festival Awards.
The LIMF Academy is one of PRS For Music Foundation’s Talent Development Partners.